Site Navigation
  Beginner Skating Videos Competitions Tips
  Steps and Moves Jumps Spins News

Custom Search

Monday, September 11, 2006

Freestyle lessons again!

My freestyle coach is back! He went home for 3 weeks, and during that time I haven't really seen his students around. So, it is not surprising that he assumed that none of us practised...

My first lesson with him last week was also his first. I didn't think I skated much different from before he left, but his words at the end of lesson were, "from the looks of your skating, you must not have been practising!"

The discouraging thing is, I have been practising!! ARGH!!!

Ok, perhaps not as much as I should have been... When I thought more about it, I realised that:
one: I was spending time choreographing a new program, rather than working on elements
two: I had been skating in the evenings, since I was too lazy (and there was no motivation) to wake up early
three: trying to practise during public session is 20% as effective for me, as I have to stop frequently to avoid accidents

Well, at least now I have a new program - which he hasn't bothered to look at.

And I am still convinced that while away, he must have dreamt up perfect doubles for me! That is why he is so disappointed...

No comments: