Site Navigation
  Beginner Skating Videos Competitions Tips
  Steps and Moves Jumps Spins News

Custom Search

Sunday, March 08, 2009

My program at Singapore Nationals 2009

I managed to finish my program!!!


This is my first competition after baby, having skated sporadically, and no time to choreograph a program nor find music (finally used music from 3 years ago). The only real preparation I had was two "official ice times" where I could skate my program to music.

My program at the first ice time on Wednesday was a joke. I missed all jumps and all but one spin. I also didn't really know what I was going to do in terms of choreography.

The second ice time was the morning of the competition. This time I had sorted out the choreography, but halfway through the program, my legs felt like jelly, and I got really dizzy after the spin. I literally did none of the second half.

So, the competition was really the third time I skated this program to music. By that measure, it was amazing I even made it through! I really need to polish up the program and get some stamina...

No comments: