Site Navigation
  Beginner Skating Videos Competitions Tips
  Steps and Moves Jumps Spins News

Custom Search

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Back on Ice ~ practice 28 Jan 2013


My practice session on 28 Jan 2013

Ten weeks after having my baby, there's still a lot that feels "off", especially in terms of balance and strength. Even when trying the Axel off-ice I was totally off-center! (needless to say, I'm not trying that on ice as yet)

Sit spin is not bad, but there's still the "cannot get up" feeling. Back spin is getting better ~ this is not in the video, but here's a tracing on the right. Its a bit hard to see, but it is there!

The layback was rather lame, but well, it was the first I dared to try, and I didn't dare to really lay back. Back camel could be better.

I did not take videos of the single jumps. Jump landings are much better now compared to 4 weeks ago when I couldn't seem to hold a landing on a waltz jump! I got the courage to try some double toes (in video above), but none of them were anywhere near spectacular...

No comments: