Site Navigation
  Beginner Skating Videos Competitions Tips
  Steps and Moves Jumps Spins News

Custom Search

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Can you do all the elements in your program?

Attempting "difficult" elements in the program BUT not actually completing them does not add value - in fact, it detracts from the program. I learned that the hard way at Mountain Cup in 2003. The following year, I had only elements I could have a chance of successfully completing. It went well. As a skater, it helps to be confident of all elements in the program. It is less stressful and enhances presentation.

However, one still has to remain competitive. I mean, you can't keep doing only single jumps and simple spins your entire life - there would be no improvement that way!

So, there has to be a balance. I have found it useful to have only ONE or TWO elements that are uncertain... and, keep working on them until nothing is uncertain! Keep pushing the boundary, without hurting yourself!

No comments: