Site Navigation
  Beginner Skating Videos Competitions Tips
  Steps and Moves Jumps Spins News

Custom Search

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

On the cover of Vogue

How does it feel to be famous?

Reminds me of the time when I was on the cover of The New Paper on Sunday, 26 September 2004, with a 2-page story titled "No snow, no ice, but ... got S'pore ice-skating champs". (archive found in Rednano - seems to not work on IE)

Then, that was for real, and it was surreal - I recall waiting in line at the grocery store and seeing the guy in front of me pick up the paper. I wanted one for myself, but ended up asking my parents to get it!

Anyway, back to this picture of Vogue, this one is not for real. I made it on the PhotoFunia website - interesting photo edits put you in the limelight... How fun!!

2 comments:

Gossipgerl said...

Hey
I just read a 2007 article. Wow, you started skating at 19? That gives me hope! Haha. I'm 19 too and have just started lessons with Elaine.
cheers! :)
liesel

Chow said...

liesel, there's always hope! ;-) Have fun skating, and maybe I'll see you at the rink sometime soon...