Site Navigation
  Beginner Skating Videos Competitions Tips
  Steps and Moves Jumps Spins News

Custom Search

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Today is the first day of the new year... but really, is is just another day. I had my regular 8am lesson as usual, complete with slip-ups, falls and all!

Still, this is a convenient juncture to make some "New Year's Resolutions". Jo Ann Schneider Farris has a list of Top 10 New Year's Resolutions for Figure Skaters on About.com. Here's my own:

10. Be on time for lesson.
(being early would be preferable)

9. DO NOT look down.
(statistically, chances of finding money on the ice is close to zero)

8. Keep the back strong.
(yikes, it has been hurting like crazy this past week)

7. Land the double loop.
(just once, that's not asking for too much, is it?)

6. Get my DH to skate.
(though that is statistically less likely than finding money on the ice!)

5. Push my students harder.
(not that I'm not already, but I think they're capable of more! or maybe i'm just a perfectionist...)

4. Remember to bring my music back from the rink.
(and all my belongings, for that matter! Today is the second time in 5 days that I left my music behind. This year, I have already lost my iPod, my mobile phone, nearly lost my keys, and goodness knows what else!)

3. Improve speed, control & extension.
(one can never have too much of these!)

2. Get enough sleep.
(8 hours a night... umm... ok fine, minimum 6 hours every night - I believe I can do that, at least!)

1. Build up stamina.
(definitely necessary for this crazy program I have now!)

No comments: