Site Navigation
  Beginner Skating Videos Competitions Tips
  Steps and Moves Jumps Spins News

Custom Search

Monday, January 22, 2007

Lesson again, after two weeks

The ice was much better this morning (compared to Saturday), though I was told it is still not thick enough. My coach preferred to play it safe and not work on jumps, as we wouldn't want to break the piping beneath.

So, for the first time, we actually spent more than a cursory 5 minutes on spins. Ok, fine we used to spend time on the backspin, but that was in preparation for the 2loop. Besides that, I generally get to do barely 2 or 3 spins in each lesson. We did also work on the flying camel for a bit, and he complained that I failed to use the pick on landing... no danger of digging into the pipes, I suppose!

Also, for the first time he saw the step sequence I did for my new program - his only comment was, "do you have enough 3-turns?" ARGH!!! But really, I don't quite care because this step sequence is going to be removed once the Nationals is over - the new rules for Mountain Cup and O'dorf allows max one of step or spiral sequence.

As I was leaving for work, one of the other coaches started to do Axels, I didn't stay long enough to see if there was any problem! ;-)

No comments: