Site Navigation
  Beginner Skating Videos Competitions Tips
  Steps and Moves Jumps Spins News

Custom Search

Friday, June 08, 2007

Back at lesson

This morning I had the first lesson I have since coming back from Europe. Even though I have been back a week, I must be still jet-lagged to a certain extent. Throughout the week, I have barely been able to drag myself out of bed at 8:30am, let alone try to skate at 8am!

Coach must have thought I'm very moody today. As soon as I stepped on the ice, I started with inside and outside figure 8's until my coach came on... that must have been the only thing I did well this morning! Backspins totally were not centered - which didn't bode well for double jumps! Even the Axel, which has been just perfect the last 2 weeks, was terrible.

As usual, we did no spins in lesson - coach would always say, "work on spins yourself" as if I don't... So I worked on my wannabe-level-4 spins, which felt much better than any of my jumps today! Sometimes I wish my coach would show some interest in something (anything!) other than jumps.

No comments: