Site Navigation
  Beginner Skating Videos Competitions Tips
  Steps and Moves Jumps Spins News

Custom Search

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Coach's Seminar

We are now in the midst of the "Olympic Dream Seminar 2006" mentioned in an earlier post.

It was after much deliberation that I signed up for the coach's training which is held in conjunction with this seminar. Indeed, we still did not have the agenda, or even the times for coach's training, until 2 days before the seminar started! But this is, after all, the first time SISA is organising a coach's training, and there is a lot of administrative and scheduling issues to work out...

In any case, I am glad I'm attending this - not just because it is sort of interesting, but also because it gave me the opportunity to talk with some of the other coaches on a different level. Granted we see each other all the time, but we are always busy, never having time to chat... or maybe its just me, since I'm not a believer of wasting time chatting in the rink!

Another positive point: it is encouraging to see some of the adult skaters attending the training and showing interest in coaching. I believe that we should encourage more participation in figure skating, and to do that we need more coaches!

Lastly, the suggestion to get the coaches together in a social gathering once in a while is a brilliant one! The only problem I can forsee is to find a time that everyone can make... We all have such erratic schedules!

No comments: