Site Navigation
  Beginner Skating Videos Competitions Tips
  Steps and Moves Jumps Spins News

Custom Search

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Double Toe Analysis

This week, the double toe is feeling much better. I am convinced that the double toe is actually an easy jump once you get it - but getting it is another beast altogether!

Yesterday evening, my DH came to the rink and helped me take videos. I did lots of double toes (amongst other things) and realise that I hate my air position!

Of course my coach has been saying (many many times) that I'm not getting into the backspin position in the air... but hey, how am I supposed to know exactly which body-part isn't in the right position?

After watching all the videos, here's my analysis of what I must do
  • stretch straighter out for the pick - my picking toe is still going around way too much!
  • arms need to be tight in the air - my arms are so sloppy!
  • straighten the R leg!!!
  • lift the L hip, especially the split second before landing! Seriously, I think that's the main reason I 2-foot my jumps, or keel forward on the landing.
  • keep my arms lower on landing - I don't like the arms-floating-above-the-head look
Here's the video of a bunch of double toes:

No comments: