Site Navigation
  Beginner Skating Videos Competitions Tips
  Steps and Moves Jumps Spins News

Custom Search

Friday, May 04, 2007

Program Run-through

For the first time since Nationals, I skated my entire program, with all elements included... Ok, the 2-toe and 2-Sal were 2-footed but at least I didn't chicken out on anything.
[PS: I say "since Nationals" since I had changed my program after that and now have three jump elements back-to-back, which I was never able to do successfully!]

I suppose I have to like to attribute this to 3 things:

1. I wore a dress today - funny how I skate better when I have a nice dress on.

2. I put my hair up in a bun - at least the ponytail is not whipping my face anymore, and I also don't have to be distracted by my hair starting to get loose and come undone.

3. I have finally come to terms with where my 2-toe and 2-Sal are in the music and in the program - this must be the real reason.

However, I still have to build up stamina. just 2 minutes into the program, my legs were getting really tired, I don't know how I managed to finish the entire thing.

Then my coach said, "one more time!" AARRGGHH!!!

No comments: