Site Navigation
  Beginner Skating Videos Competitions Tips
  Steps and Moves Jumps Spins News

Custom Search

Monday, May 21, 2007

Reflections on VTT program

We received the competition protocol at the banquet last night.

My first conclusion is that I need to work on improving the program component score. Indeed, my technical elements score was higher than the 2nd-placed lady, even with singled & popped jumps!

I was also thrilled that I got a +1 and even a +2 for my spiral sequence - which incidentally was a level 3! :-)

Then came the observation that the 2nd-placed lady had both her step *and* spiral sequences scored... the announcement had stated "max one step or spiral sequence".

The 1.8 points would have changed our final placings!

Still, the fact remains that I must not chicken out on the doubles, and that I ought to pay attention to program components!

(This was posted on Sun 20 May, 10:52pm Estonia time.)

No comments: