Site Navigation
  Beginner Skating Videos Competitions Tips
  Steps and Moves Jumps Spins News

Custom Search

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Oberstdorf

This year at Oberstdorf was rather interesting. I had good practicse and an excellent warm-up. I was all set to do well, and really was not nervous at all...

However, skating first turns out not that easy, much as I tried to wave it away, convincing myself that in the IJS the skating order shouldn't really make all that much of a difference. However, the nerves started as soon as the music started, and it was all I could do to hold the first spin together.

Overall, the program felt like a disaster. For the first time that week, I messed up the first jump combination. For the first time that week, I popped the double Sal (almost exactly like in Tallinn!!). I landed 5th... It was very very close, with less than a 0.6-point difference between 3rd and 5th.

I was extremely disappointed. not at the overall placing, but at the fact that I did not skate my best. However, I was thrilled that had two level-3 calls in the program - my first combination spin, and the spiral sequence. I also had the highest technical score of the 3rd, 4th and 5th placings. Conclusion: it is confirmed that I really seriously need to work on improving the program components!

Warm up


Program

No comments: