Site Navigation
  Beginner Skating Videos Competitions Tips
  Steps and Moves Jumps Spins News

Custom Search

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Last day of Skate Asia Winter Classic 2006

Today is the last day of the competition. Rather short competition - just 3 days. My events happened to be only on the first and third day, but I ended up spending the whole of yesterday at the rink not skating, but putting my students on the ice, and judging. I was exhausted by the end of the day.

This morning, I could barely wake up for Dance at 8am! Anyway, it went well, though it has been eons since I last skated the European Waltz. One year, to be exact, as I did it for last year's Skate Singapore competition... It didn't go too badly, except when I realised I was going to hit the boards! No, I didn't crash, but I'm sure it put me a little off-time. EEW!

Artistic was ok, except that I fell on the Axel - something I haven't done in competition since Mountain Cup 2005! It was landed, just a little too much on the outside edge, and with the hard ice, it was impossible to catch... Anyway, the rest went well and I actually landed my double Sal. Ok, not too bad for a 3-week-old program ;-)

My DH took video of my events on his phone, and today I tried to put them up on Google Video. Still trying to figure out how that works...

No comments: