Site Navigation
  Beginner Skating Videos Competitions Tips
  Steps and Moves Jumps Spins News

Custom Search

Saturday, December 16, 2006

No show => forfeit??

I am always miffed when students don't show up, and don't even have the courtesy to call to cancel. Especially on a day like today, when I had to wait an hour between my previous lesson and this girl's lesson, and when I had no one else after her! I mean, I could have gotten home an hour and a half earlier! SHEESH!

Theoretically, the rink's policy is supposed to be:
forfeit the lesson unless the skater calls to cancel at least 24 hours in advance (or produce a medical certificate, if she/he is ill).

BUT often the office tends to close 2 eyes.
AND sometimes mis-communication stalls the message.
IN ANY CASE, I have a good mind to tell the office, as long as I was there I want my commission even if the student wasn't! (of course, unless I knew in advance that the student wasn't going to come)

This is part of the reason I like to communicate directly with my students. I don't care if they call me the week before, the night before, or the morning of... as long as it is before lesson and I don't end up waiting aimlessly!

No comments: