I did a quick survey of my boots purchase, and on average, I would buy a pair of new boots after about a-year-and-a-half to two years.
- 1995 - I got my first pair of beginner skates.
- 1998 - I got a pair of "real" skates: Riedell Silver Star, with Coronation Ace blades.
- Jun 2000 - I got a pair of Riedell Gold Stars. I think I kept the blades...
- Jan 2002 - I decided to "upgrade" and got myself Riedell Royals & Pattern 99 blades
- Dec 2003 - I got a new pair of Riedell Royals and a new pair of Pattern 99 blades as well!
- Apr 2006 - my boots were really breaking down, so I had to get a new pair!
After I changed my boots last year, I realised how overdue the change had been. My previous pair had broken down so much, that I was suspecting that must be the reason I hadn't been landing my doubles!
Now my current pair is one-year-old. I will have to start thinking about getting new boots in a few months' time!