Site Navigation
  Beginner Skating Videos Competitions Tips
  Steps and Moves Jumps Spins News

Custom Search

Friday, March 23, 2007

Program without elements

My back is not good again... Monday's fall must have affected my back too. I went to see my physiotherapist on Wednesday, and she told me rest for 2 days, and not to skate 'til the weekend.

Still, I had lesson this morning anyway, because it felt a teeny eeny weeny bit better, and also because I would need to know whether to start making a "Plan B". I landed the first few Axels, but later just couldn't jump up for 2Sal. It wasn't that it hurt, but rather that I couldn't get the strength to jump up, nor the courage to take the impact on the landing. My coach was exasperated... "what can you do?" he asked.

So, I did a program run-through with "nothing". Umm... ok, not entirely nothing - I did do one waltz jump, the step sequence, a sit-change sit... and a single Sal because I found that once I set up for a Sal its not so easy to not jump (unlike for flip or Lutz).

The plus side was, I ran through the entire program. It was kinda fun to do a program without being stressed about the elements... and having lots of time in between. In fact, it is so fun that I'm actually seriously considering Plan B: only single jumps!

No comments: